Friday, January 27, 2012

I like butter


Especially slathered on a toasted piece of homemade whole grain bread. With a bowl of from-scratch cream of celery soup. No picture can capture the deliciousness.

*(in the speedy-announcer-at-end-of-ad voice) Bread made with 10-grain cereal mix because that's what was in the pantry. The cornmeal is not noticeable. The soup was made without the celery root (I know it adds a depth of deliciousness, but there wasn't one in the CSA box with my fabulous bunch of leafy wonderfulness known as celery, and I didn't have time to traipse around town searching for an overpriced celery root). I also left out the potato because kid #2 is allergic. He refused to eat more than 2 bites, so next time it goes in. I also put in celery seed and plain kosher salt, because I don't own celery salt. In spite of all this, both were still wonderfully delicious.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic bread recipe! Am visiting from Lily's Quilts...

    ReplyDelete