Monday, November 4, 2013

Felt Clutch

This project is from the October 2013 Whimseybox--for once, I am doing a project in a timely fashion, yay me!

I chose to do the main project, a felt clutch. The directions are for a plain clutch with contrasting sewing. I decided to embellish mine a bit. One of the alternate projects features cut outs. I liked that.

In the end, I chose to use a Martha Stewart flower stencil. I cut out one flower, stenciled others, and then stenciled blowing petals. I used some gold plastic "jewels" as the flower centers—and they perfectly matched the yellow embroidery floss that came in the box.

Front, closed
Back, closed

Open











Supplies:
October 2013 Whimseybox: pattern, 2 sheets wool felt, embroidery floss, snap, needle
Martha Stewart Four Seasons stencil pack
Martha Stewart multi-surface satin craft paint in Deep Sea
plastic "jewels" (kid-craft quality :) )
Elmer's Glue-All
Foam pouncers
General craft supplies: embroidery scissors, toothpicks, painting tape


Linked to:
Take-A-Look Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment