The Kookaburra quilt is done!
You can find info on the fabrics used in this post.
Quilt labels are my absolute least favorite part of quilting. I have tried using an applique, I have tried writing on the quilt, I have tried a square tucked into the binding. I have found all of these things either incredibly frustratingly difficult or nerve-wracking (that would be the writing!). I found the idea of using the silhouette to make cloth labels at Sew Nocturnal. I used the same kind of pen, but used twill tape. I chose twill tape because I wouldn't need to finish the edges, but oh was getting it centered impossible. I am hoping to find some smoother cotton tape to try in the future, because it could be very quick and easy.
|Trying to get a decent shot outside—and for scale|
|Simple label using my Silhouette|
|Simple—except for trying to get it centered!|