Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Made in Cherry Mini

So, I guess I missed the actual end of the quilt-a-long, but I did finish!

The star is various scraps, the solid is Kona Pomegranate, and the back is Joel Dewberry print (that I got on sale, yay!).

I echo quilted 1/2" lines on the pomegranate. Inside the star, I echo quilted at 1" intervals. That turned out to not be the best choice, as it shows every little piecing error (and there are plenty of not-quite-perfect intersections). Another case of live and learn. I seem to have a lot of those.

Final dimensions of this mini is 19 1/4 inches square. Though it isn't, ahem, perfectly square. The pieced squares are finished at 1".


pins & bobbins

Linking up:





Fresh Poppy Design





sew many ways





Lily's Quilts

14 comments:

  1. I can't see the mistakes .. just take a step back and admire your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the echo quilting! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great from a distance! Heck it looks great in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect! I love the pomegranate! I feel like now I should make a mini-version of my regular size made in cherry. :) I almost like the mini better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dree it looks amazing, and I love the pomegranate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - such tiny pieces! It looks fabulous and I love how you have quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope no mistakes! Such a beautiful colour I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pomegranite! i've seen it popping up lately, tre chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty! I love the colors and your quilting is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I would have never thought of making this pattern into a mini quilt, but it's perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the echo quilting and I MUST have that Joel Dewberry print. I've never seen it before - it's so so pretty. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete